There’s no doubt about it, writing shaders is fun. So why not go on a whirlwind tour around the world, looking at all the fantastic shaders we can write along the way? Hence Around the World in 80 Shaders, presented at Develop in Liverpool 2010.
I did have a confession to make at the start of the talk… I was actually only going to talk about six shaders, but hey, it was a good title! I also briefly discussed our awesome shader system that was a massive help to me and others at Bizarre who contributed to our shaders.
As such, the talk included shaders written and contributed to by a variety of people (including the shader system itself):
- FX system (written by Jan van Valburg)
- Default (co-written with Paul Malin, Jan van Valburg and Ed Clay)
- Skin with coloured wrapped diffuse lighting (co-written with Paul Malin)
- MPEG corruption (written by David Hampson)
- Refraction mapping (written by Paul Malin)
- Shallow water
- Aquarium tank (co-written with Paul Malin)